The Moka Pot is the classic stovetop espresso maker that brews up a tasty cup of coffee and can be found in just about every Italian kitchen.
brew time 5-6 Minutes
what you'll need
4-cup Bialetti Moka Express
15-17g (2½ tablespoons) coffee – fine grind
Hot water just off the boil
- For best results start with whole bean coffee and grind with a burr grinder just before brewing.
- High heat or leaving moka pot on flame for too long will turn a good cup of coffee into a scorched one.
- Relax and have fun with this – brewing coffee is not an exact science.
- Add water – filling to the line in the bottom of the brewer.
- Insert filter basket.
- Fill filter basket with coffee grounds and level off with your finger.
- Brush away loose grounds on the top edge of the filter basket before securing top and bottom chamber together.
- Place over a low to medium flame on your stove.
- When the water in the bottom chamber approaches a boil, pressure will build and push coffee to the top chamber.
- Remove from flame as soon as the top chamber is filled with coffee.
- Serve and enjoy.