The AeroPress is a product of some serious ingenuity. This brew method is good for a full-bodied cup of coffee and the device itself was tailor-made for throwing in your travel bag.
brew time 2 Minutes
what you'll need
17g (2½ tablespoons) coffee – medium fine grind
Hot water just off the boil
- For best results start with whole bean coffee and grind with a burr grinder just before brewing.
- Relax and have fun with this – brewing coffee is not an exact science.
- Bring water to a boil
- Place filter in basket and carefully rinse filter (not your fingers) with hot water. Preheat brew chamber by running a bit of hot water through it; swirling a bit of hot water in your mug to do the same. Discard water before moving on to Step 3.
- Affix basket to bottom of brew chamber, place on top of mug, and load coffee – funnel can be helpful.
- Start timer and pour to No. 4 on AeroPress (about 220g of water).
- Give it a good stir.
- Place plunger in brew chamber at an angle (taking care not to plunge) and level out as you pull up slightly – creating a pressure seal that prevents dripping.
- At 1:15 remove the pressure seal and give it another stir.
- Replace plunger and press down slowly and steadily until you hear a hissing sound, at which point brewing is complete. This process yields 7-8oz of coffee.
- Serve and enjoy.