The Hario V60 is a pour over brewer for those that want maximum control over the flavor and strength of their coffee – pour slow for the best results.
Hario V60 brewer
Hario V60 filter
21g (3 tablespoons) coffee – medium fine grind
Hot water just off the boil
- For best results start with whole bean coffee and grind with a burr grinder just before brewing.
- Pour over and through coffee grounds – not over filter. Start in the center and pour in a steady spiral toward the outer rim or start at the outer rim and pour in a steady spiral toward the center – even extraction is the objective.
- Relax and have fun with this – brewing coffee is not an exact science.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Fold filter in a cone shape and insert in brewer. Place brewer on top of mug and rinse filter with hot water – preheating brewer and mug in the process. Discard water before moving on to Step 3.
- Add coffee grounds (flat and level) and place brewer and mug on scale. Tare scale to zero.
- Start timer and add just enough water to cover and fully saturate coffee grounds.
- Let steep for 15 seconds before slowly and steadily adding more water every 10-15 seconds until you reach 360g.
- At 3:00 you’ll have about 10oz of brewed coffee in your mug, at which point your work is done.
- Serve and enjoy.