The French Press is an oldie but a goodie. Reliable and forgiving – a brew method you can count on for a consistently good cup of coffee.
8-cup French Press
Stir stick or wooden spoon
56g (8 tablespoons) coffee – course grind
Hot water just off the boil
- For best results start with whole bean coffee and grind with a burr grinder just before brewing.
- Relax and have fun with this – brewing coffee is not an exact science.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Swirl a bit of hot water in French Press to preheat it. Discard water before moving on to Step 3.
- Add coffee grounds and start timer as you fill French Press halfway with water, evenly saturating the grounds.
- At 1:00 give it a good stir and bring water level to just below the spout.
- At 4:00 press plunger all the way down with slow, steady pressure.
- Serve and enjoy.